Monday, February 10, 2014

Mango Chicken Curry

One of my favorite meals that I make at home is Mango Chicken Curry.  It is SUPER easy to make!  It takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare, and it is well worth it.  All the ingredients are available at Publix and overall it only costs about $15 to make this meal.  I prefer to make it with fresh chicken, but you can also make it with frozen chicken.  I also use to make this meal vegetarian friendly by making it with tofu; I was a vegetarian for 7 years until about 1 year ago...just a friendly fact.  Anyway, this meal is very easy to make, all you need is white rice, chicken, Mango Curry sauce, and Thai Chili paste.  I prefer to pan cook the chicken, but you can make the chicken any way you like.  Just put a little oil in a baking pan and cook the chicken on low to medium heat until it is all the way cook through, after its cook, cut the chicken into pieces and add the sauce.  I usually start boiling the water for the rice around this time, and cook the rice.  I am pro-box rice, whatever is the fastest and easiest.  Let the chicken and sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to let the chicken absorb the sauce.  Once the rice is down, put it on a plate and put the sauce/chicken combination on top.  Enjoy! Trust me, its delicious.  It also makes great leftovers.  I always take my leftovers to work the next day and they make a great microwaveable meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment